Updating TomTom7 for PND with North America Maps
Though you buy TomTom Navigator GPS (PND) with hundreds of bucks, you have to pay the upgrading of Apps or maps 1 year after the purchase date. That’s really terrible. We hate the mechanism of TomTom!
With endeavor of many GPS-geeks, we achieved to crack the system down! Here are the procedures.
1. Software Needing to Be Downloaded:
(1) Apps: you can go to navitotal.com forum for downloading the needed navcores. I downlowded NavCore 8.412.1236 as my GPS is TomTom ONE 3rd Edition.
(2) TomTom8 Maps: USA-and-Canada_860.3128.
(3) Activation file: AutoActivate.exe v1.5.
2. Installation Procedures:
(1) Connect your GPS to the PC and clear the Internal Memory (a disk mapped onto your PC);
(2) Unzip the App and Map files into the internal memory of the GPS (or SD Card), Please note, the Map folder shall be under the root directory of your SD Card, not inside the TomTom7 folder (“Navigator” by default).
(3) Power on your GPS and locate to the “Navigator” folder and launch “TomTom Navigator.exe”, configure the TomTom7 accordingly.
(4) Exit the TomTom7 system, and a “ttnavigator.bif” file will be generated under the root directory of the SD Card.
(5) Connect the GPS back to your PC again, connect the Internet; Copy the “AutoActivate.exe” file into Internal Memory of GPS and run it to activate the TomTom7 system and the map automatically (a .dct file will be generated under the map folder, for instance, USA-and-Canada folder).
(6) Power on your GPS and go anywhere.
Enjoy the updated TomTom8.